- 2 Flax Eggs (2 Tbsp. Ground Flax Meal + 5 Tbsp. Water, soaked for 15 minutes)
- 2 C. GF 1:1 Baking Flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 C. Cane Sugar
- 1/3 C. Vegan Butter Spread, softened
- 1/3 C. Sunflower Seed Butter
- ¼ C. Coconut Milk or Rice Milk
- 12 Dark Chocolate Sunflower Butter Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, soda and salt. Separately, use a hand mixer to beat the sugar, butter spread and sunflower seed butter together until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Gradually add the coconut or rice milk as needed, to help the dough come together.
- Working on a floured work surface in batches, roll the dough until just under ¼-inch thick. Use a 2-inch cutter to make the cookie dough rounds. Place them on the prepared baking sheet with ½ inch between.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until crisp and just browned. Meanwhile, remove the wrappers from the Sunflower Butter Cups.
- Quickly, while the cookies are still warm but not hot, place one Sunflower Butter Cup between each set of two cookies, allowing the chocolate to melt just enough to help the sandwiches stick together.
- Transfer the cookie sandwiches to a cooling rack to rest until set.