- 1 ½ C. Corn-free Powdered Sugar, sifted
- Pinch of Fine Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Soy-free Vegan Butter Spread, softened
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Milk
- 1 C. Free2b Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tsp. Coconut Oil (see note)
- 12 Dark Chocolate Sunflower Butter Cups
- Maple Frosting (see above)
- Decorating Chocolate (see above)
- Free2b Chocolate Chips
- Shaved Coconut
- Hulled Hemp Seeds
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the powdered sugar, sea salt and cinnamon. Add the softened butter spread and beat with a hand mixer until saturated, about 1 minute.
- Add the syrup and vanilla extract. Continue to mix. Add the milk as needed to achieve the right texture and consistency.
- Spoon the frosting into one corner of a quart-sized freezer bag (avoid trapping air). Snip a ¼-inch hole in the tip and pipe 1-inch mounds of frosting onto the bottoms of six of the Sunflower Butter Cups. Invert the remaining Sunflower Butter Cups and place them on top. Compress to make sandwiches.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler. Add to a second plastic bag and snip the tip to less than 1/8 inch.
- Pipe the decorating chocolate onto the tops of each sandwich. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, shaved coconut and hulled hemp seeds as desired.
*Note: this recipe may include potential allergens. If you have questions or would like to be advised about using an alternative ingredient, please reach out to us here: https://free2bfoods.com/pages/contact-us