- 1 C. Gluten-free All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Cane Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ C. Soy Free Vegan Butter Spread, melted
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 C. Pitted Dates, coarsely chopped and soaked in water for 30 min.
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut or Rice Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ C. Free2b Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, plus more for topping
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Soy-free Vegan Butter Spread, solid
- 8 Free2b Dark Chocolate Sunflower Butter Cups, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the crust ingredients to a mixing bowl and knead to incorporate.
- Press the dough firmly and evenly in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until firm but not browned.
- Allow the crust to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the caramel, drain the chopped dates. Place them along with the coconut or rice milk and vanilla extract in a food processor or a high-speed blender. Puree until smooth.
- Once the crust has cooled, spoon the caramel onto the center and spread evenly toward the corners and sides. Avoid lifting the surface of the crust.
- Whisking frequently, melt the chocolate chips and vegan butter spread together in a double boiler until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache evenly over the caramel and spread evenly. Lastly, sprinkle the top with chopped Sunflower Butter Cups.
- Chill the shortbread for 2 hours or overnight before lifting out of the tin by the parchment paper and cutting into squares.