What’s better than a freshly baked cookie? Answer: a chocolatey, perfectly baked skillet cookie.
And even better –this vegan skillet cookie recipe is 100% gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and safe from the rest of the top 12 food allergens. That means everyone can delight in the baked goodness making it perfect for parties, desserts, or just times when you need a little indulgence.
We know you’re ready to get started! Here’s what you’ll need and how to make your vegan skillet cookie with chocolate chunks.
Ingredients For Your Vegan Skillet Cookie
- 5 tablespoons of vegan “butter” at room temperature (we used soy-free Earth Balance)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 free2b Chocolate Cups (flavor of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease a small cast iron skillet with vegan butter.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana using an electric beater. Add the vegan butter and continue to blend until smooth. Add the sugar and mix for another minute.
- Slowly add the gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend until fully mixed.
- Pour mixture into the greased cast iron skillet. Chop 2 of your free2b Chocolate Cups into small pieces and add to the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Right before the cookie is complete, heat up the last chocolate cup in the microwave for 2 minutes (or until fully melted) to create your chocolate sauce and set aside.
- Remove the cookie from the oven and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Was this the vegan skillet cookie recipe of your dreams? Let us know in the comments! And be sure to tag us in your creation on Instagram @free2bfoods.