- 1 lb green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ - ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk lite
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup + 2 TBSP superfine almond flour
- 1 ½ cup Beyond Bacon Crunchy Mung Beans
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease a large casserole dish with avocado oil. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the green beans. Cook them for 3-5 minutes, until vibrant green and just fork tender. Drain them immediately and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking further.
- Next, prepare your sauce. Add the avocado oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add in the white onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant and translucent. Add in the mushrooms and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the mushrooms are warm and start to release their liquids.
- Add in the coconut milk and vegetable broth and stir to combine. Sift in the almond flour then stir well to combine. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce is thick and bubbling.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased casserole dish and bake until bubbling and slightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and stir in Beyond Bacon Crunchy Mung Beans. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-5 days and reheat in the microwave before serving.
recipe courtesy of Lauren at Flora & Vino