- 1 16-oz. block of extra-firm tofu
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP ground flaxseed + 3 TBSP filtered water)
- 1 TBSP Tamari lite
- 1-2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 cup Tangy Balsamic Crunchsters
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the tofu and quick press between paper towels to get as much water out as possible. Slice the tofu into thin rectangles with a knife and set aside.
- Mix together the flax egg in a large mixing bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes to gel.
- Add in the Tamari lite and whisk again to combine.
- Add the nutritional yeast and Tangy Balsamic Crunchsters to a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse until you have a fine meal. Transfer the Crunchsters meal to a medium-sized bowl next to the baking sheet.
- Set up your space so that the pressed tofu rectangles, flax egg bowl, Crunchsters meal, and baking sheet are in a row next to each other. Carefully dip the tofu into the flax egg and gently toss to coat the tofu on all sides. Next, transfer the tofu to the bowl with the Crunchsters meal and flip until all sides are coated. Using a fork or a spatula, transfer the coated tofu to a baking sheet. Repeat this assembly line process until all tofu rectangles are coated.
- Bake the tofu for 25-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the tofu is golden brown on all sides and is slightly firm to the touch.
- Serve the tofu hot with your favorite sides!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days and reheat before serving.
recipe courtesy of Lauren at Flora & Vino