- 1 ½ C. Gluten-free Baking Flour
- ½ C. Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Coarse Salt
- ¾ C. Non-hydrogenated Soy Free Shortening
- ½ C. Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ C. Sugar
- ½ C. Apple Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ¾ C. free2b Chocolate Chips
- Flaked Sea Salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the sugar and wet ingredients in a separate bowl before folding into the flour mixture. Add ¾ C. chocolate chips and incorporate.
- Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, drop 1 ½ inch balls of dough onto the parchment paper with space in between. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just browned.
- Sprinkle the cookies with flaked sea salt, if using, and cool completely on the baking sheet.