Crunchy Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 3 Cups of Vegetable Stock
- ¼ Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Large Shallot
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- Grapeseed Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp Local Honey (*or Maple Syrup)
- Tangy Balsamic Crunchy Mung Beans
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF. Slice butternut squash in half, lengthwise and remove seeds. Coat inside with grapeseed oil and sprinkle on a generous amount of sea salt. Place flat side down on a sheet pan and place in middle rack of oven. Bake squash for about 45 minutes, or until golden and tender when tested with a fork.
- Mince shallots and crush garlic with back of a chef’s knife. Saute shallots for 4 minutes at medium heat in a small pan with butter and then add garlic and saute for another 4 minutes.
- When squash is tender, allow to cool for 10 minutes and then scoop out flesh and place in a food processor or blender. Add shallots and garlic to blender as well. Next, mix in the vegetable stock and the cream. Process items until you have a smooth texture. Add honey, a dash of nutmeg, sea salt, and black pepper and mix for another 10-20 seconds. Try a spoonful and add spices or more honey to taste.
- Reduce balsamic vinegar in pan where shallots and garlics where sauteed, stirring until right before it begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Heat the soup and serve with balsamic reduction on top and sprinkle on some Tangy Balsamic Crunchy Mung Beans for a delicious crunch.