- 1 C. Pitted Dates
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Flax Seeds
- ¼ C. Gluten-free Rolled Oats
- ¼ C. Maple Syrup
- ¾ C. Sunbutter
- 1 C. Free2b Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Free Vegetable Shortening
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the maple syrup and Sunbutter to the mixture and continue to pulse.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and knead until fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 12-14 balls, about 2 inches in diameter each. Place the balls on the parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and vegetable shortening in a double boiler, or in the microwave (stir once/minute until melted).
- Using the tip of a fork, drizzle each ball with the melted chocolate.
- Chill the chocolate drizzled energy balls for 20-30 minutes before serving. Keep the extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.