- 1 ¾ C. Gluten-free Baking Flour
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- 1/4 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Coarse Salt, plus more for serving
- ¾ C. Non-hydrogenated Soy Free Shortening, plus 1 Tbsp, divided
- ½ C. Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ C. Sugar
- ½ C. Apple Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 12 oz. free2b Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 Qt. Vanilla Rice Milk Frozen Dessert
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Reserving 1 Tbsp. shortening, combine the remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl before folding into the flour mixture. Add ¾ C. chocolate chips and incorporate.
- Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, drop 1 ½ inch balls of dough onto the parchment paper with space in between. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet. Meanwhile remove the frozen dessert from the freezer to soften a little at room temperature.
- Turn half of the cookies over so the back sides are up. Using an ice cream scoop, place a golf ball sized amount of frozen dessert onto each. Place the remaining cookies on top to make sandwiches.
- Place the sandwiches in a dish and cover in the fridge until ready to serve.