We have put together a simple and delicious Chocolate Chip cookie recipe that is Free From the Top 12 allergens because everyone deserves to experience the joy of eating a warm right-out-of-the-oven ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie! Enjoy!
Free From – peanut free, tree nut free, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, egg free, corn free, coconut free, mustard free, fish/shellfish free.
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Free From Top 12 Allergens
1 ¾ C. Gluten-free Baking Flour
1 t. Baking Soda
1/4 t. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Coarse Salt, plus more for serving
¾ C. Non-hydrogenated Soy Free Shortening, plus 1 Tbsp, divided
½ C. Brown Sugar, packed
½ C. Sugar
½ C. Apple Sauce
1 ½ tsp. Vanilla
12 oz. free2b Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Reserving 1 Tbsp. shortening, combine the remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl before folding into the flour mixture. Add ¾ C. chocolate chips and incorporate.
- Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, drop 1 ½ inch balls of dough onto the parchment paper with space in between. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet. Meanwhile, melt the remaining chocolate chips in a double boiler and incorporate the reserved 1 tbsp. shortening.
- To serve, drizzle the cookies with the melted chocolate mixture and sprinkle with sea salt.