- 2 Flax Eggs (2 Tbsp. Ground Flax Meal + 5 Tbsp. Water, soaked for 15 minutes)
- 2 C. GF 1:1 Baking Flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 C. Cane Sugar
- 1/3 C. Vegan Butter Stick, softened
- 1/3 C. Sunflower Seed Butter
- ¼ C. Coconut Milk or Rice Milk
- 10 oz. Free2b Baking and Melting Wafers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, soda, and salt. Separately, use a hand mixer to beat the sugar, vegan butter and sunflower seed butter together until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Gradually add the coconut or rice milk as needed, to help the dough come together.
- Working on a cold, floured work surface in batches, roll the dough until just under ¼-inch thick. Use a 2-inch cutter to make the cookies. Place them on the prepared baking sheet with ½ inch between.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until crisp and just browned. Meanwhile, melt the wafers over a double boiler.
- Spoon or pipe about ½ Tbsp. of melted chocolate onto the undersides of half the cookies. Place the remaining cookies on top to make sandwiches. Transfer to a cooling rack to rest until set.