Spooky Spider Cake
2 boxes of allergy friendly cake mix that fits your family’s needs (we love Better Batter Chocolate Cake Mix!)
1 cup of rice milk
1 banana, smashed
2 containers of allergy friendly chocolate frosting that fits your family’s needs (or check out this recipe! https://premeditatedleftovers.com/recipes-cooking-tips/make-fluffy-dairy-free-chocolate-frosting/)
Black pipe cleaners
Disposable frosting bag with small tip
1. Make the cake mix according to the instructions on the box. We made our cake vegan by replacing the egg with 1 smashed banana!
2. Fill three 6X3 round cake tins with batter and bake according to the instructions.
3. When fully baked, remove from the oven and cool completely. Remove from the tins and cut off the very top part of two of the cakes so you have a smooth top.
4. Layer the cakes by frosting one layer and then stacking the next on top until you have all three cakes stacked. Smooth out the frosting using a frosting spreader.
5. Fill your frosting bag with the chocolate frosting and pipe out different sized lines to make it look like hair!
6. Add the googly eyes to the cups with chocolate frosting and stick them to the side of the cake. Add the black pipe cleaners to replicate spider legs. Serve and enjoy!